Skip to main content

734 - 925 - 83 - 437 - 67

 Lambda Free Light Chains


We got some really good news over the weekend on last week's recent blood test. What I've put into the headline above are results on a key indicator (Lambda Free Light Chains) of how active the cancer is in my marrow and blood. The first was initial test by the hematologist in April. Normal tops out at 26. Bigger numbers indicate likely myeloma. It took 3 months of chemo to go from 734 to 83. Then I had a chemo-free period of about 3 weeks, jumped back up to 437. Now, just 3 weeks into new treatment and I'm already down to 67, nearly in the normal range. Yes, there are still plenty of other wonky things going on in my blood, but I am not exhausted all the time and my anemia is getting better. But, enough details. I'm still tracking for early December stem cell transplant.

Today, Kristin asked me what I wanted to do with myself for the next 6 weeks. Here's what I've come up with. To be known by anyone interested in knowing me. To know and understand the wondrous people in my life. I know how to do this, I've done it before. In fact, in another blog 10-12 years ago I did exactly that. And, I might just find myself linking back to some old posts there when it makes sense. I don't want this to be a disease blog like "caring bridge." I want to shine a light on what life is like in midst of the changes that Kristin and I are experiencing.

Say hello to the cousin Leila, friend Leila, sister Leila, daughter Leila, aunt Leila, neighbor Leila. You'll find me in the kitchen, or doing tai chi on the front porch (when above 45 degrees). I can come out and play, and make art, and write, and dance, and talk right on up until December 8th +/-.  Let's get to know each other again or for the first time. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Dr. Emmons

This guy has been guiding us on this journey since August 2022.  He's very direct, calm, straightforward, and well-spoken.  He's super tall and Leila's favorite thing about him is that he sits down to talk with her eye-to-eye. https://uoflhealth.org/provider/robert-emmons/